Some thing fishy is going on...
Haha. as some of you may know, I'm working part time in fish market. I sell fish in kenyalang.... It's Manhattan Fish Market!
Haha. Ok, lame. I'm working as a service crew in the front of house (FOH). As you can see from our name tag, a lot of times Foh was mistaken as our surnames, including myself for the first time when i asked my colleagues.
"So your name is Alexander Foh... You're Chinese lar?" lol..
What initiated me to work? Of course for most, if not all, the reason to work is cold hard cash! Was quite in need of the money at that time, so went around looking for anyone who could hire someone who's gona be leaving in 1.5 months or less. MFM's manager Deb was gracious enough to take me in. A decision she may regret now after hearing me making so many requests to change my shift and schedule, adding to her headaches and troubles. Lol. Sorry deb. Hope I've helped enough to make it up for that.
Second reason being, holidays can be quite a bore if you don't do meaningful stuffs isn't it? Why not use the free time to experience a new thing, meet new people, learn new skills, refresh oneself than just lying in bed till the sun burns your bottom and watch series everyday. Truth to be told, I'm someone who can get really lazy if I'm too relax for a long period of time.
Working part time in MFM is nothing short of fun and enjoyable. I could say it's gazillion times better than working for that short period of time in Sushi King. Gah. NOT forgetting to mention the hype of kuching crowds about THE sushi king coming to town. Causing all the commotion and what not (sorry, at a lost for words suddenly after seeing sth shocking. Haha, if the blog seems to not connect so well, u noe why larh)
Anyways, not to complain about sushi king, but the working environment is way better in MFM. Unlike SK's manager (one of them anyways, dono if he still works there) who barks orders and treat his staffs like dogs, MFM managers take good care of the staffs. And polite words are used instead of stupid orders. "Please" and "Thank You" are always heard, and the staffs are not stingy at saying them. Anyways, the company here is better lar.
At least we talked, and tried to understand each other, than just plainly working together. Cos of Gawai drawing near, interesting treats were brought by some of my friends to share. ;) I think I'll save the emo stuffs till I resign lar(which is not too far away).
Ultimately, i want to mention, I have learned how to ... flame the prawns! haha... one of my fav things to do. Showing off at how i burn the prawns (sometimes till chao da) to the customers. Muahaha...
So, pros aside, there's always cons right? Not so much of cons, but because of me schedule, working here has put some strains on my social life. Sigh. The main reason why I had to quit earlier.
Anyways, till then, I shall stretch myself a little more and try to have fun and balance it all out. (Ya rite, blogging at 2 am is not called balancing out):P
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Fish
Posted by Mun at 1:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
haha hey when i go there eat i dont want chao da one ah! But sadly, i can't even eat prawns. :(
then i will chao da the calamari for u
err, that is even more poisonous! You meaniee!
Post a Comment